Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day #13

I got my groove back tonight and made one of my favorite comfort meals for dinner; chicken and broccoli casserole. Yum! This is so easy to make and so easy to eat. I love making a big batch and eating the leftovers for a few days. It is really probably not very healthy, but it is good. Here is how I make it...

I thaw about 8 chicken tenderloins (pretty much the only type of chicken I use) and then throw them in the skillet with olive oil, spices and salt and pepper. At the same time I boil a box of pasta of choice (tonight was shells). In yet another bowl I combine two jars of chicken gravy with about a cup of heavy cream (told you this was unhealthy). I toss the chicken, pasta and a bag of frozen broccoli in with the sauce and then add a handful of cheese and mix it all up. Next you dump it all into the casserole dish and top with more cheese or breadcrumbs, put it in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes. So good, so very good.

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh that looks yummy.. and me with broccoli to use up pronto too!

    ReplyDelete