Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day #4

Tonight we had chicken crescent rolls, pasta with butter and parmesan cheese and green beans. It was a new recipe for us, but we all liked it. Here is how I made it...

melted one stick of butter and added that to a block of cream cheese

blended the cream cheese and then added diced chicken (this was left over from last night that I reserved and didn't add to the tomato sauce)

I spooned the mixture into the center of the crescent roll dough and then rolled it up and sealed all the sides.

These went into the oven at 375 for 13 minutes and cooked up to a beautiful golden brown.

For sides I made bowtie pasta and added leftover melted butter and parmesan cheese. We needed a veggie so we had green beans. All in all it was a great meal. Easy, yummy and balanced.



*Dax had a major bike accident on Friday evening and we ended up spending last night in the ER thinking he had a broken jaw. The good news is that his jaw is not broken, but he is on a soft diet for the next several weeks. So if you have any good recipes for soft foods send them this way. Tonight he managed a few green beans and some pasta. Poor guy!*

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh the chicken crescent rolls look SO yummy - I want to try them - and I think the kids might even eat them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn- they were yummy. Next time I think I am going to add broccoli to the mixture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, we make them with brocolli and they are so good! Good picture, they look tres appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those rolls sound yummy!

    Hope Dax feels better soon. Poor kiddo. Lots of soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear :( poor guy! He might do well with the spaghetti squash I posted today.

    That looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete